Summary: Manage the efforts of the maintenance shift supervisors and the day shift maintenance craftsman. Schedule and plan CAMMS work orders generated from PM file or requests. Develops preventative maintenance procedures, SOPs, and department procedures and ensures that the procedures are implemented and followed. Directly and through staff participates in engineering designs, specification selections, installations, commissioning and validation of all equipment, including lyophilizers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees and directs maintenance shift supervisors and maintenance craftsman engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventative maintenance.
• Schedule, manage and review the work of outside contractors for facilities, utilities and other work and identify cost improvement opportunities.
• Performs usual duties of a supervisor such as performance objectives, scheduling, hiring, timecards, performance evaluation, termination, etc.
• Directly and through staff schedules maintenance activities for work-orders and preventative maintenance activities. Assist in developing Preventative Maintenance procedures, SOPs, and department procedures and ensure that the procedures are implemented and followed.
• Responsible for maintaining critical spare parts and acquisition of maintenance materials.
• Assists in engineering designs, specifications, selection, installation, commissioning and validation of all facility and process equipment.
• Trains and develops maintenance craftsmen ensuring their success through each shift supervisor.
• Directly and through staff understands and implements safety procedures and cGMPs.
• Assist maintenance manager with facility computer assisted maintenance management system (CAMMS JDE-PEM) program and associated documentation (including work orders, purchase orders, etc.) to ensure it is effectively and compliantly updated and maintained.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Computer Skills: Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access, as this individual will perform work within these systems on a routine basis. Other Qualifications: Must pass background check Must pass drug screen Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
To apply for this job please visit pharmaboard.com.