The Senior Research Scientist, Analytical Development is an integral part of the team, contributing to our success by supporting the manufacturing department and external customers. The routine functions of the laboratory are testing of raw materials, in-process, end product, and stability samples. The department also performs particulate testing and tests plant water for production.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
• Lead on multiple projects simultaneously and tracks the progress of the project so that it remains on-time and within expected budgets.
• Develop expertise in the drug development process, the internal steps necessary to manufacture API at this site, as well as the theoretical and practical aspects of general analytical chemistry.
• Use research knowledge to effectively plan and manage day-to-day work cycle operations of a project; stay current with changes in applicable field.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
• Implement work plans; conduct performance reviews with the assistance of a higher-level manager. Independently determine and develops approach to solutions.
• Plans work to meet personal project objectives and deadlines; assesses the needs and makes changes in process, work flow and/or assignments. Coordinates multiple, concurrent assignments on a multi-faceted research project.
• Display the ability to assimilate previously gained knowledge and experience and apply those concepts, techniques, etc. to new and related project areas.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
• Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, or other applicable natural science field OR; Master’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience OR; Bachelor’s and 7 years of relevant experience.
• Chemical Hygiene training
• Chromatography Development or GMP experience is a plus.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
To apply for this job please visit pharmaboard.com.