Website BS/BA; Aseptic manufacturing experience required.
Responsible for the management of all manufacturing activities during a shift for a sterile filling business unit. The direct reporting staff may include the following: Glass Wash, Aseptic Filling and Capping and Lyophilization teams, Support (Compounding and Equipment Preparation) Supervisor, Equipment Mechanic, Production Control Specialist, and Set-up Mechanic. All activities for a shift are overseen by this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly responsible for managing and coordinating all activities during their shift.
• Responsible for compiling all shift information and line status data in an accurate and timely fashion and reporting that information to the support groups as well as the oncoming shift management team.
• Responsible for ensuring and enforcing compliance with cGMPs, site-specific policies, and procedures.
• Will serve as the representative on shift to all internal support groups and aid the Customer Service Representative with external customers.
• Responsible for maintaining and reporting the performance towards current MBO’s.
• Responsible for the professional development and mentoring of direct reports.
• Responsible for the succession planning and in-depth cross-functional training of all members of the shift.
• Directly responsible for production schedule adherence and material consumption rates.
• Responsible for all safety incidents and quality deviations that occur on shift and responsible for the thorough investigation and timely reporting of such.
• Must become fluent in all functional areas of responsibility.
• Must share resources with other teams/departments as needed and when available.
• Other duties as assigned
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees that may include those working in Compounding, Filling 152/252, PCS, Filling 274, Wash & Prep and Lyo Teams. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BS) from four-year college or university in scientific field or business and minimum 5 years directly related experience in the industry or equivalent combination of education and experience (2 years’ experience equal to one year of education).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org