The Laboratory Technician is an integral part of the team, contributing to our success by demonstrating competency in many aspects of practical analytical chemistry and assist the senior members of the laboratory group. A major component of this scientist’s performance rating will be based on productivity, teamwork and cooperation.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
• Maintain internal reference standard systems: organization of active and inactive reference standards, filing, labeling/tagging
• Coordinate with shipping to provide time-sensitive deliveries of reference standards when requested by customers (including authoring shipment authorization letters, submitting the shipment request to the lab, document aliquoting of the material, etc…)
• Interfacing between sites to coordinate supply of reference standards to support production.
• Manage timelines and multiple projects: Interface with supervisor and management regularly to coordinate timelines and discuss the status of assigned tasks,
• Comply with internal SOPs and GMP requirements with supervision.
• Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
• Participate in self-development activities.
• Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
• Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as all appropriate SOP’s.
• Analyze samples with the standard procedures effectively and under minimal supervision. Analyze experimental data for validity before reporting results.
• Keep contemporary, accurate, legible, and complete experimental records in accordance with GMP and GLP practices.
• Submit complete, documented, and legible results of analytical testing. Ensure that data is properly filed and accessible for review in accordance with appropriate SOP’s.
• Maintain the laboratory equipment in a clean, organized and orderly manner:
• Wash, dry, and put away chemistry glassware
• Wipe down lab benches;
• Sweep and mop lab floors;
• Refill solvent bottles and prepare solutions
• Associates or Bachelors Degree with major in science or equivalent industrial experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Exposure to a laboratory environment.
• Chemical Hygiene and Biosafety training.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
To apply for this job please visit pharmaboard.com.