Intern, Microbiology provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role you will:
• Perform aseptic gowning with materials required to enter the aseptic processing area
• Perform environmental monitoring testing of clean rooms (under USP and EU specifications)
• Train on SOPs and review SOPs for relevance and adherence to current practices
• Prepare paperwork, supplies, and equipment for use in the manufacturing environment and laboratory
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• At least a Junior or Senior majoring in Biology or a related field
• Excellent organizational, multitasking, communication, and presentation skills
• Highly motivated and a self-starter with minimal need for direct supervision of daily tasks
• Ability to commit to a 10 week, full-time summer internship program
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit pharmaboard.com.