3/2021 // US Cit. Interested in finding a location with direct flights to Jamaica (family reasons).
MA Management, BBA;
Pharmaceutical, oil & gas, construction, transportation, architectural coatings and government.
HSSE professional with extensive multiple facilities experience in various manufacturing and military environments. Exercise creative and out of the box problem solving skills to identify risks and maximize continuous improvement of work processes for the elimination and minimization of workplace hazards which leads to reduction of workers’ compensation cost.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
Masters of Art, Management (M.A.M.)
Emphasis in Human Resources,
University of Redlands, Redland, CA
Bachelors of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Emphasis in Safety Management & Engineering Technology,
National University, San Diego, CA
Ergonomics Technician, WC Specialist, OSHA General Industry 30 hours, OSHA Construction 10 hours, COSS, Collateral Duty Course (Course #600) Medical Surveillance Industrial Hygiene Measurements, Process Safety Management, HAZWOPER, OSHA 511 Standards for General Industry, MS Office Suite
• Ability to combine regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, DOT, CALOSHA, CFR, FDA, RCRA, TCEQ, etc.) and industry best practices to convey knowledge in a team environment to ensure compliance. Matrix these skills and actions with facility needs.
• Develop, direct, communicate and coordinate operational HSE Management Systems for continual improvement by updating and advising management with changes and trends in matters affecting industry and finding effective business solutions to address operational processes that are impacted to mitigate excessive regulatory fines.
• Collaboration with teams across business operations to assess training needs, generate, ideas to facilitate training content and how to tailor rollout to target audiences.
• Utilize information mapping to write standard operating procedures that are clear, concise and user-friendly.
• •Well-versed in alternative delivery methods such as Instructor Led Training (ILT), synchronous and Asynchronous training, self-paced learning, and eLearning.
• Maintain fiscal responsibility for site HSSE, benchmark and capital project planning.
• Utilize company and industry best practices in support of Hazard Risk Assessment
• (HRA), Job Safety Analysis (JHA) and behavioral base safety observation to prevent incidents, assure incident reporting, investigation, and corrective actions.
• Loss control responsibilities which include: conducting inspections and audits related to the Loss Control program as assigned, participating in Hazard Reviews.
• Perform and audit Process Safety Management (PSM) & Management of Change (MOC)
• Participates in Kaizen and Six Sigma plant projects and collaborated with engineering team to developed and administered both synchronous and asynchronous training leading to the minimization of pressure testing risk and improvements in our Pressure Testing Maturity Assessments and other vital operational programs.
• Collaboration with Quality Control teams as it relates to API, ANZI Z-10 and ISO audits.
2018 – Present – PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING
• Coordinate OSHA recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
• Provide oversight and management of Occupational Health program such as hearing conservation, respiratory protection, ergonomics, etc.
• Responsible for reviewing, developing and maintaining EHS SOPs and ensuring that documents reflect current regulatory standards
• Manage the WC program
• Member of injury/illness investigations team as well as Safety Committee.
• Facilitate the logistics for EHS training and provide training
• Leads site Emergency Response Teams. Coordinating training, drills and associated equipment.
• Provide support for contractor safety qualifications, worksite inspections and performance evaluation via IS Networld.
• Assist departments with assessing and mitigating risks as well as providing effective exposure controls.
• Coordinate multiple sites safety metrics program and assist in the communication as required.
2016 – 2018 CITY GOVERNMENT HUMAN RESOURCES/RISK MANAGEMENT
Safety & Environmental Supervisor
• Instrumental in introducing “Zero is Possible (ZIP)” concept to the City of …where a team have been developed to pilot the program across five (5) Divisions (over 6K employees).
• Supervises the investigation and analysis of accidents that involve city property, equipment and/or employees. Plans, develops and coordinates comprehensive safety surveys and studies. Liaison to other city departments and communities in resolving safety, environmental and health issues.
• Working as a change agent to develop programs and protocol for PWE Safety & Engineering Branch.
• Instrumental in developing PWE Environmental Management System (EMS) to reduce environmental impact in the City of Houston and MS4 (Storm water permitting).
• City’s Assistant Spill Officer; Environmental Coordinating Council (ECC) member; PWE HazCom/GHS Program Administrator and PWE POC Houston’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM) at the Houston Emergency Center (HEC); ANSI Z10 project member as well as Team member engaged in identifying a Safety Management System for purchase.
2013 – 2016 – (OIL AND ENERGY)
• Responsible for setting and achieving strategic program objectives for multiple drilling facilities by reviewing, developing and implementing HSSE Management Systems for continual improvement, updating and advising top management of changes and trends in matters affecting HSSE while finding solutions to address operational processes that are impacted to avoid fines from regulatory agencies.
• Work with engineering team to assess, update and manage pressure testing maturity for FAT/FIT.
• Achieved zero OSHA recordable incidents during my tenure with Cameron (TRIR=0).
2012 – 2013 CRANE SERVICES, INC.,
Health/Safety/Security Environmental Manager/Contracts Administrator/WC Manager
• Apply state-of-the-art and innovative management techniques and engineering solutions, including information systems and engineering approaches to resolve HSE issues and to achieve program objectives on schedule.
• Achieved zero OSHA recordable incidents during my tenure with Absolute Crane Services.
2008 – 2012 TRANSPORTATION,
Vice President Operations
• Oversight and responsible for a startup Transportation Company
• Secured print distribution in Wal-Mart, Best Buy and other major retailers (International/National).
• Generated over 4.5 million dollars in revenue during my tenure through marketing & branding.
2006 – 2008 INDUSTRIAL COATINGS
• Implemented/managed high-profile HSE programs for two manufacturing plants, three distribution centers, one administrative building and oversight for stores in Texas, Louisiana and consulted with other PPG locations.
• Served on Corporate Environmental Health Safety Leadership Team (EHSLT) committee and Audit team.
2001 – 2006 PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING
• Lead Project Manager to obtain ISO 14001 Certification.
• Implemented and managed high-profile programs related to health, wellness safety and environmental issues with special emphasis on Risk Management and Worker’s Compensation.
• Continuous reduction in Worker’s Compensation cost 43% in 2001; 98% in 2002; 17% 2003 and 80% in 2005. Reduced OSHA recordable incident rate 34%
• Worked with Contractors/Subcontractors on 290K sq. feet building expansion and saved company significantly on city permits.
MILITARY SERVICE EXPERIENCE (PETTY OFFICER) – Honorably Discharged
Safety trainer for Aviation Boatswain Mate Fuel (ABF); Substance abuse officer for Wing DAPA Personnel Management & Logistics for the largest National Air Station on the west coast Experience in the management of Unaccompanied Enlisted Personnel Housing (UEPH) Liaison for Department of Defense, Navy and Marine Corp Personnel
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND COMPLETE RESUME PLEASE CONTACT 505-207-7740 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org